A perfect matte lipstick can do wonders on your beautiful lips. It’s the ultimate pick me on days when you wish to skip out on elaborate makeup looks. All you need is a single swipe of intense lipstick shade to put your look together.
While lipsticks are great, selecting the right shade as per your skin tone can be daunting. If you too are confused about how to choose the perfect matte lipstick shade for your skin tone then worry not. We’ve got some easy tips right here!
1. Identify your skin tone
Skin tone is the colour that appears on the surface of your skin. Typically, there are four skin tones – fair, light, medium and dusky.
- Fair – It is the lightest variation. Red lipsticks like L’Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in the shade – 82 – Rouge-Pigalle look beautiful on fair skin tone.
- Light – It’s people who are fair yet have a little warmth in their complexion. Coral, peachy, nude shades like L’Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in the shade 353 – Mademoiselle-Penélope appear beautiful on light skin tones.
- Medium – It consists of someone with golden or olive hues. They tend to get tanned easily when exposed to the sun. If you have a similar skin tone, try berry tones or mauve shades like L’Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in the shade – 507 – Mademoiselle-Lupita.
- Dusky – It’s the darkest hue on the spectrum. Dark, bright shades like L’Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in the shade – 82 – Rouge-Pigalle look stunning on this skin tone.
2. Identify your undertone
Undertones play a crucial role in determining which shades look best on your skin. It’s the colour that radiates from underneath your skin. These are categorised as warm, cool and neutral undertones.
● Warm undertones
Your veins would appear greenish. Additionally, you would have more golden, yellow or olive hue to your skin.
Best-suited matte lipstick shades – Warm colours like fiery reds, oranges and browns are perfect for warm undertones. These bring out your inner glow. Try L’Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in the shade – 410 – Impertinence which is moderately warmed-toned pink.
● Cool undertones
Women with cool undertones have a pink, red, or bluish hue to their skin and their veins appear blueish.
Best-suited matte lipstick shades – Opt for lipstick with cool undertones like blue or purple. Try L’Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in the shade 388 – Rose-Lancôme which glides on effortlessly.
● Neutral undertones
If your veins appear a mix of both – green and blue, chances are you have neutral undertones.
Best-suited matte lipstick shades – From nudes to deep wine, different shades would suit you. Try L’Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in the shade 196 – French Touch.
We hope this guide has helped you to pick the perfect matte lipstick for your skin tone. All you need to know is your undertone. Shop these flawless lipsticks offering luxurious texture and intense colour from Lancome.in. You can also try out these lipstick shades online using their virtual try-on feature to help choose the best beauty product.
August 5, 2023
March 6, 2019
September 22, 2017
- November 30, 2023
- November 27, 2023
- November 23, 2023
- November 21, 2023
- Safe and Sound: Addressing Pico Laser Side Effects November 30, 2023
- Top-Notch Benefits of Considering Women Waist Trainer November 27, 2023
- Lash Lift vs. Extensions: Finding the Perfect Flutter for You November 23, 2023
- Sculpting Perfection: Techniques in Jaw Reduction November 21, 2023
- 3 Factors to Think About Before Undergoing Any Type of Filler Treatment November 7, 2023
- Fish Oil vs. Cordyceps: Which Supplement is Right for Your Well-Being in Singapore? November 6, 2023
- How a Veteran Medical Scheme in Australia Could Provide You with Several Benefits October 31, 2023