Today, you will find a range of anti-aging creams and moisturizers in the market. Every brand claims to have the best product, but not all are clinically proven to be effective. Not all can give you positive results in treating colored spots or reducing wrinkles or fine lines. Nowadays, people are moving more towards naturopathy and are looking for natural remedies that can treat their skin and body.
For example, Vitamin C supplements or food help in preventing sickness and increases your stamina to recover faster. On the other hand, Vitamin C serum works as an antioxidant that rejuvenates your skin. Vitamin C also protects your skin from harsh UV rays. With age, Vitamin C reduces in the body which is why people suffer from wrinkles and sagging skin.
It is imperative, that you buy an organic serum because preservatives can cause irritation and will not benefit much. Original ingredients have more active ingredients than preservatives.
Here are few things that you need to keep in mind while selecting a serum for your skin type –
- Hyaluronic acid is a moisturizing agent that helps in collagen synthesis. It moisturizes skin that is dehydrated and tired.
- Vitamin E is mixed with Vitamin C to protect skin from harmful UV rays. They protect those damaged free radicals and give them chance to heal.
- Ferulic acid is an ingredient that is mixed in the serum to extend the potency of vitamin C for a longer period of time.
- Highly concentrated Vitamin C can cause irritation on your skin. Therefore, your serum should have 20% of concentrated Vitamin C and rest should be any one of the ingredients mentioned above.
Here is the best way to apply the serum on your skin –
- Your face should be cleaned before applying it so that all serum penetrates into the pores.
- Just take a drop of serum, do not use more than that and apply it all over your damp face.
- Gently massage in circular motion unless it dries on your skin. Sometimes, patting lightly on your face also helps it to penetrate.
- After drying, rest for 2 minutes and then apply your remaining make up.
Store it in a cooler place away from sunlight to retain the effectiveness of ingredients. The best way to understand whether your serum is good or not is by checking its color, if it turns yellow from white then it’s time for new serum.